Global Grants for Rotary Year 2015-16 is Now Open for Application
Dear Club Presidents,
Further to our promotion at the first Joint President Meeting, I am pleased to inform you that the Global Grants for Rotary year 2015-16 is now open for application.
Global Grant supports local and international projects, scholarships, vocational training teams, and related travel within the six areas of focus that are sustainable, measureable and host community-driven.
Our District provides an option for financing Global Grant projects by District Designated Fund (DDF). In Rotary year 2015-16, total DDF available is US$280,185.29,including uncommitted DDF of US$182,321.41 that was carried forward from last Rotary year. Of this amount, US$80,000 has been reserved for Global Grants covering scholarship and vocational training teams. US$150,000 is to be used in funding some district or global projects. The balance of US$50,185.29 is reserved for future years to ensure stable DDF Funding.
Applications are now accepted. The fund is allocated into 2 equal portions for 2 phases of applications with deadlines by 25 September 2015 (Fri) and 18 December 2015 (Fri) respectively. In view of the surplus fund carry forward from last Rotary year, the District Rotary Foundation Committee (DRFC) has decided to increase the maximum grant per application to US$10,000 or 50% of proposed budget of the project, whichever is lower.
Please refer to the guidelines and funding criteria under the attached Global Grant Application Form for 2015-16 and Terms and Conditions for Rotary Foundation District Grants and Global Grants which is available at Rotary International website via the following link:
It is recommended that you discuss your activities and funding options with DRFC before you begin a global grant application. Communication is necessary to ensure that the applications are going smooth and that all problems or difficulties can be addressed promptly and collaboratively. I would like to bring to your attentions for the following few points:
- The sponsor clubs involved must be qualified by the District each year before they can apply for Global Grants;
- Grants may not be used to reimburse clubs for activities and expenses already completed or in progress;
- All Global Grants applications should be sponsored by concerned club only and not by the District;
- All Global Grants applications, even not taking DDF from our District as financing option, are required to complete and submit the application form and must abide by the grant terms and conditions, including reporting requirements and documentation;
- The Rotary Foundation (TRF) will notice and request authorization from DRFC Chair for any Global Grant projects that do not require DDF from our district. For such case, please inform DRFC Global Grant Vice Chair PP YC Ho as soon as possible for processing;
- A Global Grant Number will be assigned to each application, please advise this number when communicating with DRFC on the grant matters.
Global Grant is to benefit the community and to encourage Rotarian involvement in meaningful international humanitarian projects. Please do not miss out this opportunity to utilize our own DDF to finance your projects. You may also get recognition from our District and TRF that in turn enhances profile of your projects. So please work with your Community Service Director / Foundation Chair and start right away to plan for a good project making use of Global Grant!
For any questions, please feel free to contact the undersigned at (852) 9400 0669 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your participation.
Yours in Rotary,
PP YC Ho
Global Grants Subcommittee Vice Chair 2015-16
District Rotary Foundation Committee