Let’s help the unsung heroes to maximize the good they do for out world -HELP US FIND THE ONE
‘Nominate your unsung hero for the
THE ONE International Humanitarian Award 2014 today!
The deadline is Jan 31 2014!’
What is THE ONE Award?
THE ONE Humanitarian Award was conceptualized and founded by Past District Governor David Harilela 2011-2012, and is the first international humanitarian award launched by Rotary International District 3450 (RI D3450). This award aims to find the unsung hero of today by accessing the powerful Rotary network of over 1.2 million people. As signified by the Rotary motto, Rotary’s main objective is service — in the community, in the workplace, and throughout the world.
How do you recognize THE ONE?
What is a humanitarian?
A humanitarian endeavors to improve the human condition through saving lives, improving the quality of life, and alleviating suffering, while supporting and contributing to the basic human dignity of those in need. Candidate must dedicate his/her daily work in helping those in need.
– Gives of him/herself regardless of compensation
– Provides services without expectation of remuneration
– Provides services to all equally, impartially, cooperatively and neutrally
– Embraces common moral decencies such as altruism, integrity, freedom,
justice, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility and compassion
– Respects and embraces human diversity
-Improves the lives of those in need through selfless, courageous, creative and compassionate acts
Examples of the variety of humanitarian daily efforts eligible for
THE ONE Award include, but are not limited to:
– Protecting the local women and children from human trafficking
– Providing much needed health care during pregnancy, childbirth and for those who are infected with Tuberculosis, Malaria and HIV.
– Operating kindergartens serving children living in slum and supporting them all the way through to university
– Providing shelters for abandoned and orphaned children and caring for and educating them afterwards
– Supporting the tribal communities who are living in poverty by ensuring that they have access to clean water, soil conservation programs, sound agricultural practice, literacy courses, health & medical facilities and earthquake relief
To learn more about the stories of our previous winners and finalists, please visit http://www.theonerotary3450.org > Awards
Please submit a completed nomination form with Rotary Club endorsement, resume of the candidate, description of candidate’s service to humanity, photograph of the candidate and Supporting Materials (if any) via e-mail (email@example.com) or post to THE ONE Organising Committee Rotary Information Centre, 14/F Capital Commercial Centre, 26 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay no later than Friday, January 31, 2014.
The Award 2014 will be presented at the THE ONE Gala Dinner at Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hotel (Hong Kong) on June 12, 2014. The Winner will receive US$100,000 prize money, and the Finalists will also receive US$50,000 (donated respectively by award sponsor Richard Elman for the winner and by Peter Bennett to the Finalists)
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.theonerotary3450.org