Project “MILKY WAY” from Rotaract Club of Nairamdal Mongolia
Rotaract Club of Nairamdal is planning to implement the project named “Milky Way”. The project is aimed protecting victims and potential victims of child abuse by raising awareness in the general public. Our project is aimed at informing the public of the consequences of child abuse and ways one can protect themselves and their loved ones against such abuse. We hope to shape the public opinion and help eradicate future cases of child abuse in Mongolia.
In order to raise the financial support for the implementation of the project “Milky Way”, Rotaract Club of Nairamdal has worked closely with iLoft function House and various social media sites during the celebration of Halloween on October 31st, 2013 by jointly organizing a “PUMPKIN PA RTY”.
We are very happy that the “PUMPKIN PARTY” was a great success. The party was popular among the younger generation in UB and a considerable crowd has joined us at iLoft Function House. Our members of the club and friends have worked closely together to provide various themed activities and concessions during the event such as
- Cup Cake and Pizza Corner
- Professional Make Up Artist for guests
- Tarot reader and Fortuneteller Corner
The project “Milky Way” is by far largest project Rotaract Club of Nairamdal has started to implement at this moment. Our club members have worked hand in hand and tires sly and we raised an amount eq. 15’286’300 MNT from the “PUMPKIN PARTY”. The raised amount covers our expenses of 1’800’400 MNT and profit after expenses is 13’485’900 MNT.
The funds we raised will be directly invested in the “Milky Way” project and it will be divided into three groups of activities:
- Short film presentation based on facts and past cases of child abuse. The movie will be created with the help of a professional movie studio
The short film will be shown in the various child abuse high risk zone and clusters such as the secondary schools, districts, orphanages in the Ger District surrounding Ulaanbaatar. It will also be available for viewing on online websites and various social media outlets.
- Creative movie competition among the amateur and professional filmmakers around the city. The theme is protecting children against child abuse as well as creating public awareness and shaping it to fight against potential cases in the future.
The winning work shall presented on public television channels and various social media outlets
- Public campaign against child abuse in order to raise awareness both on the civilian and governmental level. The goal is to direct the public attention to the problems of child abuse and how the government can help to protect their citizens.