Promoting Rotary World's Greatest Meal as A Fundraiser for Polio
Greetings on behalf of the WGM – World’s Greatest Meal to Help End Polio!
As Polio virus knows no boundaries, Rotarians around the world have decided to innovate and add some fun in the ways we seek to raise funds. From 2013 to 2018, every US$1 raised is matched by US$2 from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation thus tripling our contribution.
This funding initiative is the Joint Project of the Rotary Club of Cairns Sunrise, D.9550, Australia and the Rotary Club of Hounslow, D.1140, England . PDG Mukesh Malhotra and PP Susanne Rea set up this idea to help end polio around food, fun and fundraising…
WGM Events can be big or small, two people sharing a cup of coffee donating an equal amount to the Polio Fund or whenever a meal event is planned at Club or District, it might be an idea to include a certain amount as contribution towards Polio in the registration, for example.
By organising a WGM event, we could help eradicate polio. Club could complete one of the activities under the category of “Light Up Rotary Service” of 1415 Presidential Citation: “Support polio eradication through a community fundraising initiative or implement a public awareness campaign to inform the community about Rotary’s contributions to polio eradication”. (Page 13 of Rotary Pocket Planner)
Participating is as Easy as 1,2,3,4
1. Plan an event – a meal or dinner to raise money for eradicating Polio.
2. Fill out the “Before” form on the WGM web site:
3. Have your event, enjoy, have fun, take pictures, raise funds and send them to The Rotary Foundation’s End Polio Now http://www.endpolio.org/
4. Fill out and the “After” form on the WGM web site
As of July 6th 2014:
– 422 events have already been registered in 39 countries (Registered by Interact, Rotaract, Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, as well as by individual Rotarians and non-Rotarians.)
– USD $257,316.74 has been raised (a total of USD $771,950.22 with matching funds from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation)
In case of queries, please feel free to contact the undersgined.
Let’s join hand to in the final push to end polio and help make history today!
|Zone 10B Coordinator – Rotary: World’s Greatest Meal to Help End Polio|
|Assistant Rotary Public Image Coordinator, Rotary International Zone 10B, 2013-15|
|Past President, Rotary Club of Macau|
|Rotary International District 3450 (Hong Kong, Macao, Mongolia, The People’s Republic of China – Guangdong Province)|
|Social Media (English) :||www.facebook.com/Meal2endpolio|
|Social Media (Spanish):||http://facebook.com/wgmeal|
|How to Register your Event:|