Seminar by St. John Cathedral
Dear All Presidents
My club is planning to sponsored St. John Cathedral to deliver workshops for school youths on gender awareness, negotiation skills, and sexual health knowledge. Details you can refer to the attached proposal for the Youth Project 2015-16.
In order to let us have a better understanding on this project, I have invited the Manager of St. John Cathedral HIV Education Centre, Ms Elijah Fung, to be our guest speaker on August 20.
- What is the mission of St. John Cathedral HIV Education Centre
- What kind of services the Centre provides
- What is the current situations in HK? Where the new cases come from?
- Why positive and effective HIV and sex education important to our young people
- What are the topics covered in the seminars if Rotary sponsored and who are the target audiences?
I believe this project can role out to benefit more youth in HK. If your club would like to explore on this opportunity, please come to Aug 20 meeting. Please kindly RSVP with me so I arrange suitable space for the seminar.
Background of St. John’s Cathedral HIV Education Centre
St. John’s Cathedral HIV Education Centre was incepted in 1995. The Centre has been organizing a series of Sex and HIV/AIDS-related education and awareness programmes for the community, school youth, women, members of the ethnic minorities, interfaith cooperation, conducting research projects and offering internship for undergraduates. They strive for a zero HIV infection and zero discrimination community. For more details, you can visit their website www.sjhivctr.com
P Cecilia Lee
Rotary Club of Queensway
Area 2 District 3450
Mobile : 9642-8358
Meeting Every Thursday 7:30pm