A. Notice of 1st RAAS Committee Meeting
It will take place on Friday, 30 August 2013 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Rotary Information Centre.
B. Outstanding Content Award achieved by Cognitio College (Kowloon) at the Summer Institute Group Presentation
This event was organised by UNESCO Hong Kong Association at Guangzhou, ZengCheng from 10 to 14 August 2013. Students were sponsored to attend. Principal Amy and Teacher-in-charge Mr. Wong Tsz Chun were invited to lead their students to participate in the Sharing Session (UNESCO HK Exchanges Programme 2013) on 27 August at InnoCentre.
C. “Sports Day for All” on 2 November 2013
– RAAS co-organises this event with Education Bureau and Hong Kong Blind Sports Federation (HKBSF). We promote equal participation and Sports for All to arouse public awareness and to encourage students to witness the abilities of the visually impaired (VI).
– Sports Day for All will include carnival and sports competition so as to provide an equal platform and equal chances for the visually impaired people to be recognised their abilities and to be confident in sports.
– Our RAAS students can join making the Guinness World Record, to be the cheering group, to play the educational games in which they can acquire the cause for VI and treatments, to enter the Game Booth Design Competition etc.
– Scale: 3,000 people inclusive of VI students from Ebenezer School and regular schools, alumni and youth, 100 VI from HKBSF while others from sighted students of regular schools, their parents, family members and friends, also friends and staff of supporting organizations and sponsoring corporations.
– To make the Guinness World Record “The most Handshake chain” and the target will be the afore-said 3,000 people to participate.
– Description :
– All participants hand in hand together
to form a long handshake chain in a
– The existing record :
– 2,380 participants and was organized
by IBM Smarter Commerce (USA) on 5 September 2012
Rotary Adopt A School (RAAS) Information By RAAS Committee